Polish Film Institute
Objective XI: Script development
1. Types of eligible projects:
1) script of an auteur film (feature films, documentaries and animated films);
2) script of an historical film (feature films, documentaries and animated films);
3) script of a film for young or family audiences (feature films and animated films);
2. Producers are the beneficiaries.
3. Co-financing for Script development may not exceed 90% of the total cost of the project - for difficult films, subject to the amount limits established in the Operational Programmes for the given year. The remaining part of the funds within the project budget must come from other sources (own contribution of producer, co-producers, sponsors, investors, structural funds, etc.).
4. The subject of the application shall be the co-financing of script development process (script writing, script doctoring, consultations, participation in script development workshops, etc.) and the initial search for financial partners for the future production; a script already written is not eligible for the grant.
5. Co-financing is provided for an original script. It is possible to apply for co-financing of the development of a script that will be an adaptation of an existing work, provided that the screenwriter is the author of that work or can document the acquisition of copyrights to the work to be adapted. The copyright transfer agreement must authorize not only the writing of the script, but also the production of a film based on it and the exploitation of that film.
6. Co-financing amounts:
1) co-financing of feature film projects may be granted in the amount of up to PLN 60,000.00 for auteur film projects, film projects for young or family audiences and historical film projects;
2) co-financing of documentary film projects may be granted in the amount of up to PLN 50,000.00 for feature-length auteur film projects and feature-length historical film projects;
3) co-financing of animated film projects may be granted in the amount of up to PLN 60,000.00 for feature-length auteur film projects, historical film projects and feature-length film projects for young and family audiences.
Call for application:
Application can be submitted on a continuous basis.
- application is to be submitted in Polish;
- Polish producers as well as EU and EEA producers are eligible, however it is strongly
- the co-financing application and required attachments must be submitted through the PISF Internet Application Submission System, also known as "ISSW", (https://pisf-wnioski.pl/);
- documents in foreign languages must be accompanied by a translation into Polish. At each request of PISF, the applicant must present a certified translation of a given document. Documents submitted to conclude an agreement with PISF must be accompanied by a translation into Polish confirmed by a certified translator;
- a project financing commitment or a decision of the General Director of the Polish Film Institute to co-finance a project shall be valid for 6 months from the date of publishing this information on the Institute's website www.pisf.pl. In special cases, upon a justified request of the producer, the validity of the project financing commitment may be extended. The total term of the project financing commitment shall not exceed 3 years. If within the period of validity of a project financing commitment or decision the applicant fails to provide documents required for the conclusion of a co-financing agreement, the decision of the General Director of the Polish Film Institute to award co-financing shall expire;
- within the framework of the OP Film Production, co-financing of a project may not exceed 50% of the planned costs of the project, subject to the amount limits determined in the Operational Programmes for the given year. A difficult film project, including a director's debut or second film by a director, may receive co-financing not exceeding 70% of the project budget (except for Objectives VI and XI, where co-financing may not be higher than 90% of the project budget);