Polish Film Institute
Objective X: Production and development of film projects for young and family audiences
1. Types of eligible projects:
1) feature films;
2) animated feature films;
3) minority co-productions with a Polish director;
4) development of feature films and feature-length animated films for young or family audiences.
2. Co-financing amounts
1) co-financing of production may not exceed 50% of the budget and the following amounts:
- PLN 4,000,000.00 (four million zloty) for a feature film intended for exploitation in cinemas or on VOD services,
- PLN 3,000,000.00 (three million zloty) for a feature-length animated film intended for exploitation in cinemas or on VOD services;
2) co-financing of production of a difficult film (also a director's debut or second film) may not exceed 70% of the budget and the following amounts:
- PLN 2,000,000.00 (two million zloty) for a feature film,
- PLN 1,500,000.00 (one million five hundred thousand zloty) for a feature-length animated film;
3) co-financing of project development may not exceed 50% of the budget, 70% of the budget in the case of a difficult film and the following amounts:
- PLN 200,000.00 (two hundred thousand zloty) for a feature film,
- PLN 300,000.00 (three hundred thousand zloty) for an animated film.
Call for application:
Session I/2022: 24.01-28.01.2022
Session III/2022: 22.08-26.08.2022
In the case of feature films - requirements identical to those of Objective I: Project development (download) and Objective II: Feature film production (download) with an additional attachment: an opinion of a child psychologist regarding the psychological impact of the film content on the age groups of viewers indicated by the producer.
- application is to be submitted in Polish;
- Polish producers as well as EU and EEA producers are eligible, however it is strongly advised to have a Polish co-producer on board.
- the co-financing application and required attachments must be submitted through the PISF Internet Application Submission System, also known as "ISSW", (https://pisf-wnioski.pl/);
- documents in foreign languages must be accompanied by a translation into Polish. At each request of PISF, the applicant must present a certified translation of a given document. Documents submitted to conclude an agreement with PISF must be accompanied by a translation into Polish confirmed by a certified translator;
- the Institute shall examine an application within 90 days from the date of the last day of the call for the given session. The final decision to co-finance an application is taken by the General Director of the Polish Film Institute after consultation with the Experts, taking into account the limits of financial resources as well as an assessment of the organizational and financial conditions of the project and the hitherto co-operation of the producer with PISF (including, among other things, timeliness and reliability of the beneficiary's settlements);
- a project financing commitment or a decision of the General Director of the Polish Film Institute to co-finance a project shall be valid for 6 months from the date of publishing this information on the Institute's website www.pisf.pl. In special cases, upon a justified request of the producer, the validity of the project financing commitment may be extended. The total term of the project financing commitment shall not exceed 3 years. If within the period of validity of a project financing commitment or decision the applicant fails to provide documents required for the conclusion of a co-financing agreement, the decision of the General Director of the Polish Film Institute to award co-financing shall expire;
- within the framework of the OP Film Production, co-financing of a project may not exceed 50% of the planned costs of the project, subject to the amount limits determined in the Operational Programmes for the given year. A difficult film project, including a director's debut or second film by a director, may receive co-financing not exceeding 70% of the project budget (except for Objectives VI and XI, where co-financing may not be higher than 90% of the project budget);
- for international co-productions between countries that have ratified the revised Council of Europe Convention on Cinematographic Co-production, Rotterdam, 30 January 2017 (Journal of Laws 2018, item 2189) applications shall be processed in which the share of the Polish party is at least 10% in a bilateral co-production and at least 5% in a multilateral co-production. In the case of international co-productions between countries, at least one of which has not ratified the revised Convention, applications shall be processed in which the share of the Polish party is at least 20% in bilateral co-productions and 10% in multilateral co-productions;
- for bilateral co-productions where Poland has an agreement governing bilateral co-production relations, the share indicated therein shall apply;
- when applying for co-financing, the producer must make own contribution of at least 5% of the requested funding from PISF. This contribution may be financial or financial and in-kind. In the case of a financial and in-kind contribution, the share of an in-kind contribution may not exceed 95% of the value of the producer's total contribution. In the case of minority co-productions, this requirement refers to the financing of the Polish party;