Polish Film Institute
Objective VI: Feature film production - micro-budget "first film"
1. The aim of Objective VI is to support debuts of film school graduates and other filmmakers who are not graduates but have verifiable creative output.
2. Types of eligible projects: feature films (running time of at least 72 minutes).
3. Co-financing: co-financing (grant) is 90% of the budget and amounts to PLN 900,000 (nine hundred thousand zloty).
4. The applicant must make his or her own contribution in the amount of at least 10% of the planned cost of the project - the contribution may be financial or financial and in-kind (in the case of financial and in-kind contribution, the share of the in-kind contribution may not be higher than 50% of the total value of the producer's own contribution).
5. Involvement of other additional film co-producers or investors is not permissible under Objective VI.
6. The applicant shall:
- submit a proof that the film director has at least a bachelor's degree in directing from a public or non-public university;
- in cases other than those referred to in 1, the applicant shall attach to the application information on the director's creative output, which will be verified by PISF during the formal evaluation of the application.
7. It is recommended that excerpts from works created by the director be included with the application.
8. Committee of Experts evaluating the grant application shall consist of up to 9 experts.
9. The presentation of the projects in front of the Committee of Experts shall be made by the producer and director (other film crew members may also take part in the presentation) of the film in the form of a 10-minute presentation (pitching), followed by a Q&A session.
10. "First film" production schedule is strictly defined and envisages the following:
- by October 15, 2022 - call and verification of documentation of artistic achievements, decision to allow submission of applications;
- from November 7, 2022 to November 10, 2022 - call for applications;
- December 2022 - co-financing decision;
- by February 2023 - conclusion of agreements with PISF;
- by February 2024 - master copy of the Film;
- February - September 2024 - submitting the film to film festivals, including obligatorily the Polish Film Festival in Gdynia.
Call for application
Applications can be submitted once a year between November 7, 2022 and November 10, 2022.
FIRST FILM - Application attachments - download
- application is to be submitted in Polish;
- the co-financing application and required attachments must be submitted through the PISF Internet Application Submission System, also known as "ISSW", (https://pisf-wnioski.pl/);
- documents in foreign languages must be accompanied by a translation into Polish. At each request of PISF, the applicant must present a certified translation of a given document. Documents submitted to conclude an agreement with PISF must be accompanied by a translation into Polish confirmed by a certified translator;